Monday, July 19, 2010

Students, please take a seat. Class is about to begin.


Today I was talking to a friend of mine over facebook.
It was just small talk, you know stuff like
Him-"Hey Noe!"
Me-"Hi."
Him-"What are you up to?"
Me-"Nm, listening to music."
Him-"Really? What kind of music do you like?"

Now I have a problem with this question because I like to keep a variety of
genres on my itunes. So I give the easiest answer I can.

Me-"I like a lot of rock, inde and some screamo."
Him-"Oh I get you. Well I like music that gets me pumped."

Ok wait what?!
You get me?
1. That is super duper impossible to do.
2. What are you exactly getting?
3. You need music to get you pumped? ha!

Me-"What does that mean?"
Him-(I really don't remember what he said here. I think something about adrenaline)
Me-"Well I like music that makes me happy, I listen to christian screamo."
Him-"This is the first I've ever heard of christian screamo"

I MEAN REALLY DUDE! Do you live under a rock?

Me-"Really? There is a lot of it. Underoath, flyleaf (only a little of screaming) Red, In fair verona?"

I mean I could go on and on with bands.

Him-"Well I like Hinder..."

He said more but its not important because that was enough. I was about to school this kid on music!

Then...

Him-"Well I have to go I'll talk to you later Noe."

REALLY?!
He got so lucky that he had to get off because I was about to make him feel like a fool.

Thats right :D

6 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! that's what's up! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I like Hinder...aka: I do live under a rock where I only listen to music on 94.5 the buzz...I'm really open to music like some times I listen to Blue October but then some times I'll listen to the good old stuff like METALLICA AAAAGGGG. I"M SO PUMPED UP!

    lolz That reminds me when I was in Eco, these kids were talking about music and one didn't know that Kurt Cobain was dead ( he died in like 93) his reasoning was "I don't listen to new music."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH and if you like Christain bands that scream you might like Blessed By a Broken Heart they are one of my favorite bands. They are mixture of like 80's glam, Hard Core, and 70's rock, they are pretty much awesome, and they arn't cheesey at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so knew I would get feed back from you two haha.
    Oh Emily you make me laugh.
    Yeah I know who Blessed By a Broken Heart is.
    I less than three them.
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, Noe! Very cool :) I'm trying to find a way to follow it and it's like impossible, but I'll be adding it to my favorite sites :)
    (that picture is awesome by the way!)
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Meg :D
    my friend can't follow me either. idk what happened.
    I was scanning pictures to make a slide show for my dad on fathers day and I got bored so that is where my picture came from haha

    ReplyDelete